HW lyrics

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Sun Feb 11 04:21:45 EST 1996

>>I got the HW lyrics from one of the sites here. There's one
>>line in Steppenwolf (last line), I thought had to be
>>        'ich weiss nicht was ich sagen soll'
>>which is German for
>>        'I don't know what I should say'
>Your German is absolutely correct Jerry. The translation is
exact
>There is another German word which is used in a HAWKWIND song.
During SPIRIT
>OF THE AGE on the Hawklords tour (see Plymouth, 23.11.78) BOB
CALVERT sings:
>ZEITGEIST, ZEITGEIST
Where did Calvert get the German from? Did he live in Germany
for a while, or did he happen to speak German?
I know he guested on Nektar's 'Down To Earth' album. Nektar
were all living in Germany at that time.
In a tape list I learned about the existance of a Nektar /live/
tape, on which Calvert is also guesting. Do you know about this
tape - or do you have it????? (I'm a biiiiiig Nektar fan, I can
tell you.)

>The translation for ZEITGEIST is: SPIRIT OF THE AGE
I knew that. I don't speak German too well, but I understand
the language quite well, and this one is easy :-)

See you.

BTW, I'll get back to you about your tape list. I haven't had
the time to take a look at it. Will do asap.

Jerry van Kooten
jvkooten at pi.net