Club Ninja

Jean Lansford lansford at VNET.NET
Wed Feb 14 05:45:36 EST 1996

On Tue, 13 Feb 1996, "Alex S. Garcia" wrote:

>    Several of you fans out there have been criticizing Club Ninja, and
>I really don't understand this. I really like this album. It has always
>struck me how BOC was completeley different from all other
>bands in the sense that instead of aging badly it keeps growing
>younger. That's how I always felt. Now of course, I'm a recent fan
>(I've discovered the band with IMAGINOS and have bought all
>the other albums since then), and this may explain that, but still...
>
>    Now don't get me wrong, I love the old songs, but I do think
>Club Ninja and IMAGINOS are much better than - say - the first
>two or three albums of the band (with the exception, maybe,
>of such songs as "Last days of May", "Wings wetted down",
>"Flaming telepaths" and a few others which remain among
>my all-time favorite songs). I mean look at your
>personal favorite albums, I'm sure most of you will probably
>say it's Cultosaurus Erectus or Fire of Unknown Origin - which
>is the point I'm trying to make.

Actually, most of us listed Imaginos or Secret Treaties as the
favorite the last time I saw a formal poll....

>Those albums - which are
>really among the best - came out like almost ten years after
>the first one, and look how much better they are, how much
>powerful... To me, BOC just keeps getting better with time
>and I'm really waiting very eagerly for the next studio album,
>IMAGINOS having been the "masterpiece" it has been...........

Imaginos wasn't really a whole-band effort.  (Details in the FAQ.)
The new music the boys have been playing live is nowhere close to
Imaginos, but there are some good tunes waiting for the opportunity to
get into our CD players.