Sonic A

Andy Gilham AndyGilham at AOL.COM
Wed Feb 14 15:18:09 EST 1996

>IMO I'd rate German as a better language to translate Hawkwind into - it
>would retain the intensity of the sound better.    ObIdleSpeculation> I
>wonder what The Wizard Blew His Horn would sound like in Japanese (or
>something of the sort)?

The tall horse leered, from his rake of tears... :)

You know, time was when artists would record foreign-language version of
their albums (still happens to some extent on the continent, eg you can get a
Spanish version of Laura Pausini's album, and she's Italian).  Wouldn't it be
neat to have foreign versions of favourite BOC and HW albums?  (Of course,
Al's made a start on this, with "Ciudades"...)

But how about: "N'as pas peur du faucheur", or "L'age doree de cuir", or
"Maitre de l'univers", or even "Machine d'argent"?  "Le rouge et le noir"
just *has* to be in French, too...  I'd love to hear these!  In my dreams!

Some might work better in German: "Babyeishund",  "Gehirnsturm", "Wilkommen
ins Zukunft"...

Oops, getting carried away!  Must fly!

- Andy