Imaginos :Black & Silver

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Mon Feb 19 14:14:26 EST 1996

>>>From Siege: "World Without End!"
>
>This line also appears in the song "Heavy Metal: Black and Silver".

>Noting that this song is in fact at least partially Bouchard penned, does
>this song fit anywhere into the Imaginos saga? I remember back last year
>sometime when Albert stated for the record all the many songs that could
>indeed fit somewhere into the whole Imaginos Thang, yet for some reason I
>don't remember this song being on it. Actually it never really occured to
>me until I finally caught the "world without end" line.

Hmmmm  methinks not.  The recent issue of Heavy Metal talked about the
influence of the movie:

HM>"When we got the script, it was like a dream come true", says BOC drummer
HM>Albert Bouchard....(snip)  ... it served to inspire the musical ideas for
their HM>upcoming (FoUO) album.  "We didn't really have any ideas of what we
were HM>going to do and figured we'd wait till we got into the studio.
Then, once we HM>looked at the script, the music flowed, and we did five
songs in a few days.:"

While I'm not sure I can nail down exactly which five songs, it seems clear
that both "The Pact" and "Heavy Metal: The Black and the Silver" would be
two of them.  Two songs by other artists contained the words "Heavy Metal"
in the title (Hagar's "Heavy Metal" and Felder's "Heavy Metal (takin' a
ride)").

Oddly, I would guess the one song they did use, "Veteran of the Psychic
Wars" was not influenced by the movie, since it was a Moorcock tunes
grounded firmly with references to earlier works of his...

Off/Rel:  The issue, which is okay by recent standards pretty much, is worth
getting for their article on the making of the movie alone.  It's the March
1996 issue, with a Richard Corben cover with Den on the front of it...
Roger Shrubstaff               "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random
Chancellor
Barony of Silverwater
Kingdom of the Burning Lands

(Andrew A. Apold)