Imaginos :Black & Silver

Andy Gilham AndyGilham at AOL.COM
Tue Feb 20 09:51:49 EST 1996

In a message dated 20/02/96  14:29:10, you write:

>Even the keyboards
>sound different.  How much did Allen contribute?  Did he do the
>amazing piano work on 'Magna,' or was it someone else?

Mostly Mandel, wasn't it?

On the one hand, of course, I don't give a monkey's who played what on
_Imaginos_, because it's a great recording; but on the other, when I first
got it, I took the credits at face value, and thought, "Wow, the real BOC
have got together, spent a couple of years in the studio, hired top-class
session artists as and when needed, and come up with their best album since
_Secret Treaties_ - if not better!"  (Or was it since _Tyranny & Mutation_?
 Anwyay.)  And I didn't really find out what was up until after I'd seen the
Bouchard-free BOC touring _Imaginos_ and only playing three songs from it :(

> The aftermath of 'Imaginos' greatly shook my
> admiration for Buck and Eric, two of my all-time heroes.

Me too.  Even worse than when Ian Wright joined Arsenal! :-\

BTW, just listening to Wayne Karmer's _The Hard Stuff_ while sorting some
variables according to chi-squareds (yaaaaawn), and this lyric from "Edge of
the Switchblade" seemed apposite:

 On the cutting edge, you might get cut
 That's a chance you have to take

- Andy

BTW2, I really can't stand _The Wall_.  Just thought I'd pop that in! :)