OffTopic: US politics

M Holmes fofp at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Wed Feb 21 06:06:59 EST 1996

I just saw the New Hampshire result. I presume that the Republicans will
now need to mount a "stop Buchanan" campaign in order to prevent a
disaster in November? The question is will the establishment stick with
what looks to be a fading Dole who has the campaign machinery but
probably can't beat Clinton or go with Alexander who's had a couple of
good results, has no funding or electoral organisation and might just be
able to beat Clinton in the charisma stakes?

Cheers

FoFP