OffTopic: US politics

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Wed Feb 21 09:59:00 EST 1996

> >The question is will the establishment stick with
> what looks to be a fading Dole who has the campaign machinery but
> probably can't beat Clinton or go with Alexander who's had a couple of
> good results, has no funding or electoral organisation and might just be
> able to beat Clinton in the charisma stakes?
>
> Nah, not to worry -- Ross Perot will enter the race and win the day ;-)
>
> John
I think l'il Ross is all done.  His only real issue was the balanced
budget.  And seeing as the two main parties are ruminating somewhat
on that issue, they've stolen his thunder.  Also, I think Ross' ego
took a tremendous hit when the voters didn't clasp him to their bosom
in '92.  I think he'll sit this one out, unless the GOP panicks and
tries to draft him.  But he's take tons of shit if he went along,
'cause he attacked the GOP pretty heavily in '92...
theo