Off Topic - Who isn't?

Maxine Wesley mxw at DMU.AC.UK
Thu Feb 22 06:57:49 EST 1996

Since there were two references to Lemmy in the last Digest I feel I can
mention this one... I was watching "Sounds of the Eighties" on BBC2 last
week (and what a show it was...). The first clip was Motorhead playing
"Ace of Spades" - in the credits at the end of the show they said
"Motorhead were named after a song by Hawkwind, a band from which Lemmy
was thrown out of before forming his own group" (nothing we didn't know
here but a reference all the same).

The second clip was ZZ-Top "Cheap Sunglasses" after which they
showed a clip from some comedy programme (possibly " A kick up the eighties")
with a panel of 'pop' critics -

Pop quiz host           "Well what do you think of them?"

Long-haired hippy       "Uh dunno man.."

Pop quiz host           "I'll give you a clue, you're their lead singer!"

Life's a riot!

Maxine

  The night shall be filled with music
  And the cares that infest the day            mxw at dmu.ac.uk
  Shall fold their tents like the Arabs        http://www.dmu.ac.uk/~mxw/
  And as silently steal away.                  Honda CB250 RS
                    H.W. Longfellow            UKMC #9