Imaginos :Black & Silver

Hardman DK D.K.Hardman at CITY.AC.UK
Fri Feb 23 05:27:13 EST 1996

> and minor changes.  However, TO ME, Alberts version is significantly
> different in both feel and texture.  Not good different, not bad different,
> just...different.

Well, IMO I do think that the vocals that Buck and Eric contributed did
improve the album. In fact, some of the vocals they contributed really
are excellent which I find surprising if this was an album that they had
no real commitment to. I presume only Sandy pearlman could have coaxed
such performances out of them which makes me wonder just how he sold the
project to them. As I've said before, though, apart from Albert's vocals
on the album he also produced really great performances on the tracks
that didn't make the album (The Girl that Love Made Blind & Gil Blanco
County).

I agree with those who say that they feel some sadness when listening to
Imaginos. However, I don't know if Imaginos would have been any better as
a full BOC album, it might actually not have been as good. After all, it
is such a great album it's hard to see how it could be better. Maybe the
contribution of a variety of artists overseen by Albert and Sandy's
vision was the only way to do full justice to Imaginos: If this had been
a band project then it's easy to imagine that the whole thing would have
been diluted because Albert & Sandy would have inevitably had to
relinquish some control as other band members attempted to impose their
own ideas.

Dave