HW: Great sun jester.

Allan T Grohe Jr iscladoc at FALCON.CC.UKANS.EDU
Tue Jan 2 00:41:13 EST 1996

On Mon, 1 Jan 1996, Andy Gilham wrote:

> >HAWKWIND did this song (poem) one time. It was in London, Rainbow on
> >18.12.1981
>
> And as I recall, we were mighty surprised to hear these lyrics (familiar from
> BOC's _Mirrors_, of course) at a HW show.  Recited by Moorcock himself,
> wasn't it, on one of his guest appearances (it all blurs :)?

Yes, it was MM who did this, and a few other poems at that show; the
setlist was (* tracks = MM poems if I'm recalling the tape correctly):

live at the rainbow theatre, london, england, 18/12/81 (2 tape 60s)

intro, master of the universe, standing at the edge*, motorway city, angels
of life, my armour's killing me*, psi power, coded languages, golden void,
magnu, dust of time, the joker of the universe*, instrumental, psychadelic
warlords, the timeship will not sail*, rocky paths, psychosonia, sonic
attack, shot down in the night, brainstorm, silver machine, master of the
universe, urban guerilla

Allan.

Allan T. Grohe, Jr.                     Nomad of the Time Streams #159
iscladoc at falcon.cc.ukans.edu            Keeper of _The Dead Gods Book_
iscladoc at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

        "Farewell, friend.  I was a thousand times more evil than thou."
                - Michael Moorcock, _Stormbringer_