BRAIN / BOC INdy CD's and Royalties

Rob Maerz ROBODUDE at AOL.COM
Thu Jan 4 10:21:54 EST 1996

>Did B.O.C's fans somehow desert
>them en masse, and if so, for what reason?  They were very popular
>with their die-hard fans before and after the radio success of
>'Reaper' and 'Burnin''.  Was the loss of the Bouchard brothers
>somehow fatal to fan interest? Welcoming all comments and
>speculations...
>theo

the loss of the Bouchard brothers took away from the creative quality of the
music...after mediocre albums live RBN and the commercial Ninja (with
no-brainers like "Make Rock Not War" and "Beat 'Em Up"), it was a sad thought
that I had that these guys were finished...if they disappeared from the
public eye, then it was deservedly so for releasing such terrible albums
(overall, that is....Take Me Away and Perfect Water are some of the best work
they ever put out...)...

but hey, we all make mistakes...even Zep put out a terrible album
(Presence..)

I think these guys could get back in the mainstream with the new
material...but, it won't be easy, especially if there's no interest from the
record companies...the new material is great, and can stand up to Pearl Jam
or 7Mary3...

ROBO