HW Sonic Attack

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Thu Jan 11 10:16:10 EST 1996

>Hawkwind are not alone in describing sonic weapons.

Let's not forget "Attack of the Killer Tomatos" in which the tomatos are
driven back by a sonic weapon, the playing the song "Puberty Love"...<g>

In both of Butterworth's books on the "Hawklords", the band use sonic guns
to blast creatures with Hawkwind songs, but the weapons work not because of
sonic damage but rather the inability of the evil creatures they train the
guns upon to stand to such killer music.  The guns pointed at good people
don't hurt.  Of course the bad guys counter with sonic weapons playing Elton
John, so....

I believe in an episode of Dr. Who, the good doctor (who always carries his
trusty sonic screwdriver) used a "sonic scalpel" to cut something, but I'm
not sure which episode...