BOC: Question, Live Bootleg EP

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Wed Jan 17 07:56:18 EST 1996

CHARLES THE GRINNING BOY writes:

> I've never heard of this being released on CD, and presumably as the tracks
> from it which appear on the WotT CD have an * with the words first time on
> CD or previously only available as promo or something like that, next to it,
> I would say the answer is no (unless a CD promo appeared).
> So a copy of the Live Bootleg EP on CD would be (ahem) a bootleg.

I have it on CD (on the French "Skydog" label).  Only three of the four
songs from this appeared on _WoTT_ (I believe they left off the raucous
version of "Cities on Flame"; a damn shame).

Yes, I believe mine is a bootleg CD.  It sounds like it was recorded
from a bootleg vinyl copy.  Nevertheless, the sound quality is very good
(as bootlegs go, of course).

I bought mine a few years ago, through a regular advertiser in _Record
Collector_ (Key Mail Order?).

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Melting Euphoria, _Upon Solar Winds_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.