HW: Spaced Comments

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Sat Jan 20 00:46:37 EST 1996

On 19-JAN-1996 11:47:17.3 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >FoFP>I finally got it converted from CD-I to PAL-VHS tape. [snip]
   >"Utopia" is thankfully
   >FoFP>"Arrival In Utopia" though and that and "Coded Languages" appear
   >FoFP>complete.
   >A clue on one of the non CD releases.  I take it that "Utopia" is not
   >one of the great songs and I didn't know it was different than
   >"Arrival In Utopia". Thanks.  Any comments vs. the previous video on
   >sound quality, picture quality, overall desirability?   Compare and
   >contrast.
   >Paul W>    Throughout the rest of March he will be doing specials on the
   >Paul W>five most frequently featured bands in his program: Bauhaus,
   >Toyah, Paul W>Cabaret Voltaire, Eloy, and to finish off the month long
   >celebration, Paul W>a three hour epic based on the history of the
   >relatively unknown Paul W>space rock group, Hawkwind.
   >I can barely find my HW stuff with all the Bauhaus, Toyah, Cabaret
   >Voltaire, & Eloy CDs to shuffle past.  Paul, Oz is certainly not
   >Kansas (I figure you didn't write the column).  Want to start a pirate
   >short wave broadcast for a month?
   >Also, thanks for the _Do not Panic Review_ , it reminded me of some
   >questions I wanted to ask.   I see this was recorded in 80 and 84.
   >What is when?   The LP from 80 and the EP from 84?  I want to figure
   >out who is playing, cuz Ginger isn't that distinctive on the drums.
   >I like this version of "Shot down in the Night" better than the Live 79
   >version, primarily for the guitar work.  Both are worth getting and this
   >would be an interesting point in a codex rating (beat that horse to
   >death). Somebody else posted that this version was several months ago
   >and I silently agreed with him then.  "Angels of Death" has a great
   >ominous tone that no other version has and it fits the song well.
   >This quiet power is how I'd envision an Angel of Death introducing
   >itself.  I'd vote this the best of the "Angels of Death" versions.  I
   >also like the old version on the _Collections_ CD a lot.

Funny you should mention that - The Collection version of "Angels Of Death",
that is my absolute favorite HW performance (Though I think "Magnu" would
have been a more appropriate title). It seems to be the heaviest and
the most ominous. Seems underrated, too, though, and I guess The Collection
is the only official release that it appears on...

Chuck
night..."

`[1;36;42mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive