new to list

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Sun Jan 21 17:51:47 EST 1996

On 20-JAN-1996 12:31:41.8 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >20 Jan 1996 09:16:52 -0800
   >Date: Sat, 20 Jan 1996 09:16:52 -0800
   >From: joel wendrow <kronos7 at IX.NETCOM.COM>
   >Subject: Re: new to list
   >Sender: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
   >To: Multiple recipients of list BOC-L <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
   >You wrote:
   >>
   >>--- Received from LIMEMO1.DACOMBJ  4709             20/01/96 13.04
   >>  -> IBMMAIL.INTERNET      IBMMAIL INTERNET GATEWAY       INTERNET
   >>
   >> Hi,
   >>  As a new subscriber this is my first msg, so apologies if I
   >>  somehow screw things up for anybody.
   >>
   >Hi,
   >I too am new to list. I am a very big fan of BOC. I have
   >seen them about 12 times over the past 20 years (wow do I feel old).
   >I just picked up a CD by Clint Ruin and Lydia Lunch that features a
   >cover of Don't Fear the Reaper. Pretty cool cover art and not a
   >terrible redition of the song. there are three other songs on the CD
   >on a cover of the Beatles Why Don't We Do It In the Road.

First of all, welcome to the new guys! Hope you enjoy the list.

Now I have a question pertaining to HW: There's a line in the song "Urban
Guerilla", during the chorus: "We used up all of
our magic powers trying to DO
IT IN THE ROAD." Do you think this is a referrence to the Beatles song? It
would seem to make sense: The hippy/peace stuff didn't work, and now they're
talking about a more violent form of rebellion.

Chuck

`[1;34;41mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive