Conv w/ Bolle / Q for Albert!

Rob Maerz ROBODUDE at AOL.COM
Mon Jan 22 13:02:37 EST 1996

>3.  Bolle should have some more definitive news of the band and their
>future plans soon as he's going to be spending some time with them as
>they tour northern California.  He specifically plans to talk with Allen
>Lanier about his rumored work on BOC's next CD (no, no dates yet).

his "rumored" work?  I thought that was a given, that he would work on the
new CD...what is this rumor?

>6.  Bolle is working on an article for GOLDMINE on BOC's history.  Rumor
>has it that it will appear sometime during the last days of may.

kewl...

>7.  The band is working up one or two old songs to insert into the
>setlist.  Stuff that hasn't been played live in probably 10-15 years.
>
>John

any guesses as to what those songs might be?  I think the Vigil is quite
possible...(according to the article about BOC Online, the Vigil is probly
the most requested if BOC were to implement fan input) for those 2 new songs,
there are 2 songs to be dumped...one could be ME 262....

I thought She's As Beautiful As A Foot was to be added to the set...according
to Allen at the MD gig around Aug 95, they were working on it but weren't yet
satisfied with it...I think the plans of gettin this into their "acoustic"
set has been pretty much dumped...it's a shame, cuz it's a very kewl tune...

and finally, Eric mentioned at a gig that "we haven't played that (I'm on The
Lamb But I Ain't No Sheep) in 18 yrs" which would've been 1977...or was he
just blowin' smoke?  From asking the ones with the most extensive live tape
collections, Sheep has yet to turn up on any live tapes...this would be a Q
directed to Herr Bouchard, who had played with the band since its
incarnation...I have a feeling that this song was never played live, and was
already reworked as the Red and the Black on the Bootleg EP...or, was the Red
and The Black reworked as Sheep for the debut album?

ROBO