Conv w/ Bolle / Q for Albert!

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Mon Jan 22 15:18:24 EST 1996

> and finally, Eric mentioned at a gig that "we haven't played that (I'm on The
> Lamb But I Ain't No Sheep) in 18 yrs" which would've been 1977...or was he
> just blowin' smoke?  From asking the ones with the most extensive live tape
> collections, Sheep has yet to turn up on any live tapes...this would be a Q
> directed to Herr Bouchard, who had played with the band since its
> incarnation...I have a feeling that this song was never played live, and was
> already reworked as the Red and the Black on the Bootleg EP...or, was the Red
> and The Black reworked as Sheep for the debut album?
>
> ROBO
Robo,
First time I saw BOC was in '74, and I saw them very regularly (more
than once per tour) til RBN, and I've never heard them do 'On the
Lam."  Nor at any time since then, a span of 20-25 times, easily.
That doesn't mean they never did it, but not at any shows I've seen.
Come to think of it, I've only heard them do 'Red and Black' a couple
of times.  Maybe just a coincidence?
theo