HW: Business Trip Date(s)?

Bernhard Pospiech b.pospiech at POP.RUHR.DE
Fri Jan 26 13:31:42 EST 1996

Hello Rudy

>This is admittedly a trivial point, but no more than some so I feel safe
>raising it.  Bernhard has the Business Trip listed as being recorded at 1
>show at Hastings (27.11.1993 or Nov. 27, 1993 for us backward Americans).  I
>don't have the cover in front of me, but I thought they attributed it to
>various venues over some defined period of time in the notes.   If my memory
>isn't faulty, do tapes match every song for the Hastings show note for note
>and that is how we have more definitive info?  Granted, a lot of the songs
>do flow unbroken.  More cover disinformation to bolster the Hawkwind
>mystique?

The BUSINES TRIP is complete from the HASTINGS show (27.11.93).

I have got this information from ALAN DAVEY himself !!

I spoke to him before the gig in OSNABRUECK (Germany) on 31.10.1994.

Asked him: Do you know where the BUSINES TRIP was recorded?
He said: Yes, at HASTINGS, Pavilon 1993

There is no good chance to compare the Hastings tape with the CD because
(like the PALACE SPRINGS one) Dave has mixed in his studio lot of effects
and noises onto the live CD.

For myself, I prefer rough live material like LIVE 79 or HAWKLORDS LIVE, or
live tapes, though I like PALACE SPRINGS very much (one of my all time
HAWKWIND favorites)

Bernhard