Brain: More on New Tunes

Albert T Bouchard ir004728 at INTERRAMP.COM
Sun Jan 28 22:55:11 EST 1996

Hi Carl:

>        And so how is the process on new tunes coming?  Last we heard
>Steve Swann back in the fall, when he said the demos he heard were
>mindbogglingly cool.  I assume, the force of coolness has, if anything,
>increased since, but is there an update from the Land of Neuro-Medicine?

        The basic tracks for those songs were all  recorded by the Surgeons
at the end of December in This Way Studio with Paul Special engineering.
They are now in a much better form than when Steve, Tori and Chip heard
them. With just a tad of vocal and lead guitar tweeking (and maybe some of
those blaring horns again) they will be ready to mix.
        Actually right now we've been concintrating on getting a new batch
of tunes to round out the album. I think we'll be ready to record them
around the beginning of March. We have three learned and another 4-5 to
finish. The record will be 14-16 songs.
        Once again it's a range of material: from the ludicrous to the
sublime, the past to the future, tender to brutal (often in the same song),
basic rock to heavy-duty riffage, etc. I do think it will be more like
Trepanation than Eponymous. So far Deb's doing most of the lead vocals but
I'm doing at least a couple and Pete will be making his debut as a lead
singer. So far we have only one cool cover but we're still looking around.
We still hope to have everything finished and ready to go by the summer.
        In the meantime we will have a bunch of new live dates to announce
later this week starting around the end of Feb. We will definately play
some stuff from the new album that even Steve Swann hasn't heard yet and
some more hardly-ever- played BOC tunes too.
Al