BOC in Kazakhstan!

Douglas A. Mitchell DMitchIssy at AOL.COM
Wed Jan 31 09:34:54 EST 1996

Sir Al & all BOC-L members:

>I just got a long letter from a long time BOC fan. He has all the LPs
>but he's begun to collect the CD releases. I think he has FOUO and
>CN on CD but no others. Any BOC stuff in Kazakhstan is almost
>impossible to find but that's not the only problem.

Almost impossible?  I'm amazed he found the two he's got!
Wonder how the vinyl's & the CD's made it into their market...

>In Boris's words:.
>And another problem is dollars because it's still impossible to
>send hard currency from overhere and moreover our country is
>so poor that to get so many dollars will be like bankrupcy for
>me. But maybe we would can to do something like the trades?

Barter is a wonderful thing... =)

>Is there something interested for you from my area? I would can
>get and send it to you as a trades. Of course in case if it's allowed
>to send across the border of this Moslim country. Maybe you're
>interested in propaganda stuff of former USSR, art books, posters,
>badges, banknotes etc.? Maybe you're interested in Russian LP
>records or in other music from here, maybe something else? Now
>my dreaming is complete collection of all BOC albums on CD
>format and of course all related CD albums. Please tell me what
>do you like in trades for all those CD albums.

Hearing someone express this kind of interest, with such extremely
limited access to the Western media we take so much for granted,
makes me think it would be a nice gesture by the BOC-L members
to collectively donate the BOC catalog to our distant brother Boris.

>I'm gonna help this guy out with some Brain Surgeons stuff but is
>there anyone on BOC-L who might be interested in trading for BOC
>CDs with Boris? Of course he doesn't have email so here's his snail
>mail address:
>Boris Ignatov
>K. Marx-St. 53/26,
>Kokchetav 475000,
>Kazakhstanm C.I.S.
>(former USSR)

I'll be sending him a copy of Secret Treaties, my personal favorite.
I don't see how he could live without it... =)

I hope he likes it!

The Snowman.                                         _?_
<dmitchissy at aol.com>                              I

Douglas A. Mitchell              World Snow T-shirts always available!
290 S.E. Bush Street               Visit the World Snow Virtual Store:
Issaquah, Washington 98027      http://www.goski.com/wsnow.htm
(206) 557-6654 bus.        Call Toll Free to order World Snow goods!
(800) 356-2956 ---------(Visa/MC ok!)----------> Dial: 1-800-FLO-BYLO