And Then Came The Last Days Of May...

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Wed Jan 31 10:09:18 EST 1996

> As I melted into the moment, "Then Came The Last Days Of May"
> rolled in on the headphones, and I found myself watching the song
> playout in the dark water.  The sense of foreboding oozed out of the
> music, and into my head.  It was eerie, in an almost scary sense...
>
> As the guitar wound down after the last verse, the tape faded into
> 'Astronomy', and I continued my long slow ride into darkness.  Not
> until side 2 ended did the harsh edges of reality snap back into focus...
>
> At that moment I realized that I would remember this particular night
> every time I saw a full moon, and every time I hear 'Last Days Of May'.
> And that, Anita, is why it is my favorite B.O.C. song...
>

> The Snowman.                                         _?_
> <dmitchissy at aol.com>                              I

Snow,
My best 'Last Days' experience came at Rich Stadium [home of
perennial NFL chumps Buffalo Bills] at a concert with BOC headlining,
with Ted Nugent and Lynyrd Skynyrd opening. [This was about 1 week
before the plane crash!]  Anyway, at this time, BOC's laser light
show was at its peak [as they say]  My group was sufficiently primed
for the experience, and during 'Last Days' they did a laser effect
which somehow made the entire stage appear to be engulfed in tongues
of fire.  Buck blazed away in a seemingly endless solo which left
everyone slack-jawed.  I've seen many BOC laser shows, but that one
topped them all...
theo