And The Gods Listened...

Douglas A. Mitchell DMitchIssy at AOL.COM
Wed Jan 31 09:33:34 EST 1996

There are times in one's life when you realize that you are
in the presence of greatness...

Not too many months ago, Carlos Santana made an appearance
@ The Gorge, a spectacular outdoor amphitheater overlooking the
mighty Columbia River in central Washington State.  I went prepared
for a wonderful evening, and was not disappointed.  There was a point
near the end of the set, during 'Vive La Vida', when the purity of the
musical energy being generated & the sheer splendor of the surroundings
began coalescing into one of the more beautiful moments I have ever had
the honor to witness.  It was as if the Gods Of Music were descending,
to listen, dance, & take part in this transcendent moment in time...

The Gods, they danced...

My first concert experience was of similar caliber, for one simple, elegant
reason...Blue Oyster Cult.  My first concert was the Seattle stop on the
Black & Blue tour, outdoors, in Memorial Stadium.  I was an impressionable
13 years old, and took in the surroundings with a genuine sense of awe, not
knowing what would soon happen to me.  A band some of you may remember,
Riot, opened the show, followed by Molly Hatchet.  The break between Molly
Hatchet & Blue Oyster Cult was a long one, and by the time the 'Subhumans'
took the stage, the crowd was in a frenzy.  It was then that I was inducted
into the realm of Desdinova.  The next hour & a half found me witness to the
spectacle that was B.O.C..  I am not much for religion, but I would swear
that
the ArchAngels themselves sat atop the Marshalls, as the music penetrated
everything within the visible spectrum...

The Gods, they listened...

The Snowman.                                         _?_
<dmitchissy at aol.com>                              I

Douglas A. Mitchell              World Snow T-shirts always available!
290 S.E. Bush Street               Visit the World Snow Virtual Store:
Issaquah, Washington 98027      http://www.goski.com/wsnow.htm
(206) 557-6654 bus.        Call Toll Free to order World Snow goods!
(800) 356-2956 ---------(Visa/MC ok!)----------> Dial: 1-800-FLO-BYLO