BOC - 1/25/96 in Santa Cruz

Wed Jan 31 10:59:33 EST 1996

Doug writes:

> I'm willing to bet Bolle can blow me away with the number
of renditions of 'Last Days Of May' he's probably got on file.

Probably, but you can probably find several good live versions of
this song on several live tapes in circulation, not to mention of
course, *On Your Feet . . .*.   But, I find that "Last Days of May"
is best listened to as the studio version -- sure, Buck's solo work
on any number of live cuts is fantastic, but to really get into the
mood of the song (especially as you described that night by the lake),
no live rendition can top the studio version.

BTW, nice of you to donate a BOC album to Boris.  It's a good suggestion
to send this guy stuff -- but anyone who is thinking of doing so should
mention this to the list, so Boris doesn't end up with multiple copies
of the same CD.  So far it sounds like he's got *Fire of Unknown
Origin*, *Club Ninja*, and will be getting *Secret Treaties*, along
with Brain Surgeons' material.

John