HW: review wanted

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Fri Jul 5 10:08:47 EDT 1996

Jerry writes:

> Jill,
>
> I did a short review the night I came home after the gig. I said it was a
> great gig! I liked it a lot better than the December 1995 gig I attended.

oh - yes, you did - I've just found it again (saved it to read at
leisure when bored and contemplating the "if only" universe of life).
Could I repost it to the prog.music board or would you rather I didn't
- or at least not without considerable editing?

> Why did this guy hate it so much? Set list? Show? Audience? I loved all three
> of those. I mainly listen to the old stuff, but still liked the gig very
> much.

Not sure - I think, as Ron suggested, he was expecting something
different and the band just didn't perform to his expectations.   He
probably wasn't into Hawkwind in the first place and this show
didn't, unfortunately, make him a convert!   There are a few around I
guess.....

> Why don't we wait till Steve is back on the list, and let him do a
> review?

yeah - that would be interesting.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk