HW: ? about PXR5s

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Fri Jul 5 09:55:21 EDT 1996

> On Fri, 5 Jul 1996, Dave Berry wrote:
>
> > > What exactly is different between the LP and CD versions of High Rise?
> >
> > It's not quite that simple - the first release of the LP had one version,
> > and later releases had the second.  The CD has the second version.  Both
> > are live, I believe.  I think the second version has more Calvert and a
> > shorter guitar solo, or something like that.
> >
> > This is top of my list of HW albums that I want to see remastered, BTW.
> > Then, apart from improving the sound, they could put include both versions
> > of High Rise.
> >
> > Dave.
> >
> The original version has a lot more harmony in the chorus. In the second,
> Bob Clavert sounds like he had about 15 shots too many.

The original version can be found on the "Spirit Of The Age" compilation (and
probably on 352 other Hawkwind compilations, but I'm just speaking for what I
own...). Having one of the first copies (LP) of PXR5, it was quite jarring to
hear a different version of "High Rise". When I made my car tape of the CD, I
swapped out the 2nd version for the originial found on the "SotA".

objCDPlayer: Andy Pickfords' Psyborg Project: Replicant
objPeeve: Having to work after the Fourth
objPeeve not so bad: I telecommute now, so I don't have to wear a time no more!

      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Pyramid Technology Corporation, a Siemens Nixdorf Co.
  -----mmmmm--- 1100 Johnson Ferry Rd. Suite 400
-------mmmmmmm- Atlanta, GA 30342  (404) 845-3404