Fogerty no show

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Jul 11 04:37:54 EDT 1996

> > >     Just wanted to see if there were any other Baltimorons out there
> > >going to the show in August.  In case you haven't heard, it's called
> > >Cult Fest.  It's on August 11 at Merriweather Post Pavillion and it's
> > >going to be a 7 hour show with 4 other bands including CCR and The
>
> Make no mistake, that ain't CCR you'll be seeing, but rather
> Creedence Clearwater *Revisited*.  The original lineup without the
> only one that matters--John C. Fogerty.  So don't waste your time on
> that part of the show.  A good time to go out for a beer...

        I wouldn't be so fast, actually ... I've heard some good reviews
of this band though, even from people who expected it to suck without
John.  At worst, I understand its an enjoyable nostalgia trip.  Might
well be worth checking out.

        After all, as long as they play well, who cares whos in the
band?  3OC still put on a great show, once you get past the fact that you
can more or less guess the set-list and you don't know whether the sound
will be good or not.

        As long as CCRd don't start promising "an album very soon now" ;)
and play a decent gig, who cares?

Cheers,
Carl