covers...

Thu Jul 11 09:45:09 EDT 1996

Deb asks:

>Haven't these been documented in the FAQ? They've certainly been discussed
several times.

Uh, well, no - at least not yet.  I've saved most of the past mentions
of bands covering BOC (and I also have Bolle's "Cult Covered" tape), and
when I can get around to it, I hope to add a section on it.  I really
probably should have done it in the last revision, but didn't get to it.
Since this thread has come up again, I guess I should move it up on my
list of priorities.

Actually, a new version of the FAQ is planned for later this year - and my
guess is that I will wait at least until after the next issue of "Morning
Final" (Bolle says they'll start getting it together in August, which
probably means it'll be out in September - also, I think that will mark the
end of the 4 "promised" issues for those who joined the fanclub after it's
hiatus and it will remain to be seen what will happen after that - I'm sure
details will be forthcoming with the next Morning Final), and probably until
the release of the Brain Surgeons' next CD.  *IF* the latest BOC album
rumours turn into reality, I'd want to include info on BOC's new CD in
there as well, but my guess is that even if a new CD becomes a reality,
it will get delayed to the point where at least one new version of the
FAQ (if not more) will come out before it.

At this time, major planned changes and updates for the FAQ (Rev 2.2) are:

1. New info revealed in the upcoming issue of "Morning Final" - which will
probably include info about the pending BOC CD, as well as the future status
of the fanclub.

2. Info on the Brain Surgeons' new CD added to the discography.

3. Updates to BOC web sites out there -- I think a few of the sites have
closed up, there are a few new ones (like Jack's), and ROBO's "Underbelly
Online" (which I always thought was one of the coolest - probably because
it got updated fairly regularly) is (or will be soon) back.  Also there's
the BOCbase which Jerry's been working on with help of BOC-L members - I'd
like to mention that, as well as the BOC-L archives which are now on-line
(BTW - if you've got a web browser and some time, check it out -- the last
9 months or so of posts to BOC-L are there - I'm not sure if the "search"
feature works yet - the archive site is a good way to catch up on stuff
if you've been away for awhile and don't want to wade through all the
posts).

4. I guess it's time to add that section of bands covering BOC . . .

Eventually (read: probably like a year from now) when I get a computer for
my home, I'd like to create an BOC FAQ in HTML which will have pictures,
maybe sounds, and links to other cools sites - maybe someday . . .

Finally, I'm always interested in getting more info which might be useful
to the FAQ - one thing in particular that I'd like to get is a decent
write-up on the recent BOC Doom stuff -- I'm not into Doom at all, so I
need someone who is, and who has checked the software out thoroughly, to
give me some info on it.  Any potential FAQ submissions should be sent
to me at:  jswartz at mitre.org   (as well as any comments on or corrections
to the FAQ).

Later,
John