HW: Re: Love On 2 CDs

Damon C Capehart dcapehar at UTDALLAS.EDU
Wed Jul 10 02:01:13 EDT 1996

On Tue, 9 Jul 1996, Jon Browne wrote:
> >CD-1 clocks in at approx. 48:18,
> >CD 2 clocks in at approx. 41:11.
> >
> >Now, that means that each disk of Love In Space is only slightly more
> >than half-filled with hawkmusic.
> > [stuff about removing a few songs...]
> I would follow your logic in the other direction and suggest there was
> room for _*lots more Hawkwind*_! rather than cutting it down to one CD.
Well, as the other replies stated, Hawkgigs just aren't long enough to
really fill 2 CDs... at least, not unless they include full interludes
between songs (a.k.a. "dead air").  Anyway, that's why I thought reducing
to 1 CD would have been more possible.

> 41 mins esp. does seem to be a bit of a waste, room for at least
> _Ejection_ or something :)
Augh!  If I hear one more version of Ejection, I think I'll puke!  I
already own 4, and I know there're more.

Damon Capehart        | "I think we should eliminate semicolons from the
aka Le Monsieur       |  English language; nobody uses them anymore
dcapehar at utdallas.edu |  anyway." - one of Dilbert's anonymous coworkers