HW: NEWS FLASH !!!!

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Fri Jul 12 08:12:19 EDT 1996

> This is only my impression, but I get the feeling that band t-shirts aren't
> as popular (at least in England) as they used to be

        Not so in the States--Hawkwind often gets touted in the trendy
underground music scenes.  It isn't a mild embarassment as it seems to
be in England.  And the US fans are starved Hawkwind and in true American
fashion are happy to advertise their alliegiances on T-shirts.

        I went through hell and high water to scrape up one in the years
before the US tour and Griffin and all that.  I would always wear it to
SF cons and I would _always_ get people running up to me screaming "Where
did you get that shirt?  Is the band still around?" :)

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                                -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)