Daniel/Yngwie connection?

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Fri Jul 12 08:36:12 EDT 1996

> >        I do understand how some key members can totally drive the
> >direction of a band--Lemmy *is* Motorhead, Brock *is* Hawkwind,
> >Tull *is* Ian Anderson (and Martin Barre, actually). =20
>
> Yes, but Ian is the STAR and Martin is just... bald... :-)

        Blasphemy! :)  Martin is an unsung guitar god!  I would be
hard pressed to like Tull without Martin--at worst I'd end up following
Martin's solo career (Which I do anyway :)  I think he makes kinda lame
albums, but the guitar playing still blows me away :)

> I wonder how Tull would have sounded today if Tony Iommi still had been in=
> =20
> the band...

        Like they didn't have Tony Iommi ;)  Can you _imagine_ Tony getting
along with Ian for 25 years?!!

> "Roots to branches" is not very enjoyable album... not=20
> entertaining and does not sound good at all...

        It was OK, but it didn't rock enough.  Not enough guitar.  Not
enough MARTIN :)

> but don't forget what happened with the bluesrock band Fleetwood=
> Mac that became the pop band Fleetwood Mac...

        Well, I didn't say that line-up changes didn't _often_ suck ... ;)

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                            *  "Ar det inte ett
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             *   fritt land?"
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    *
Dept. of ASNAC Studies, Cambridge U.            *   -- Pippi Langstrump