HW: Rare cd's

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Fri Jul 12 15:02:49 EDT 1996

Duane Hoyt writes:

> Hello all Hawkfreinds,
>
> Now and then I see mention of cd's that are considered "rare".
> Does anyone know which cd's to be exact are considered rare?
> In the event I ever run across any of them, I would like to know this info.

Difficult - I'll do a quick off-the-top-of-my-head (and therefore not to
be wholly relied on!) list and hopefully others can refute it at their
leisure!

The recent remasters will probably become rare in due course since there
weren't that many produced - at least they might reissue the discs but
without all the packaging.

Some of the compilations are probably quite difficult to find now except
in 2nd hand shops - e.g. Night of the Hawks CD and some of the Castle
Communications ones.    The *original* Flicknife releases are almost
impossible to find - reissues are common though.    Electric Tepee is
still around but I haven't seen It Is the Biz for a while and there's an
early issue of Zones/Do Not Panic (I think) that rarely surfaces.
Haven't seen Palace Springs on CD for a while now and I would guess that
Brock's elegantly packaged solo album might become difficult to get hold
of.

There's also a Warrior on the Edge of Time CD that plays Pendragon rather
than Hawkwind (I'm still looking for this) and combination packs like the
Japanese Levitation/Live 79 that are unlikely to appear very often

Basically, though, if you can't find it when you want it then it's
rare.....

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk