HW: Re: Latest news on Roswell, etc.

Damon C Capehart dcapehar at UTDALLAS.EDU
Mon Jul 15 14:39:40 EDT 1996

On Fri, 12 Jul 1996, Jon Browne wrote:
> In message <199607120546.AAA06306 at deliverator.io.com>, Hawkwind
> <Star_rats at HAWKWIND.COM> writes
> >Apprantly the gig is to be televised to make up for the small venue
> >arrangements, they say that there is only hotel accomodation in the
> >area for around 1000 and couldn't put on a 'festival' as such, just a
> >small outdoor gig.
> Erm, how's the "hotel" situation in Glastonbury, or Phoenix? Lot's of
> good cheap hotel accommodation near Woodstock, was there? :)) Must have
> been to cope with half a million festival goers!

Actually, I found two things on my map of New Mexico that would interest
1) us, 2) Star Rats, and 3) the promoters, since Star Rats will certainly
inform them of this information [wink wink :) ].

A) On my road map of New Mexico are various symbols, one of which
translates to "Camp Area Here".  As it turns out, the density of camp
areas near Roswell is especially high, with at least 5 to the immediate
west of the city, and a few just south.  And those are just the campsites
that the cartographers bothered to put on there! :)

B) Guess where New Mexico is?... Right next to TEXAS!!! :) :) :)  If HW
manages to perform at the Roswell thing, there'll be NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER
for them to skip Texas!  Yes!

Damon Capehart        | "I think we should eliminate semicolons from the
aka Le Monsieur       |  English language; nobody uses them anymore
dcapehar at utdallas.edu |  anyway." - one of Dilbert's anonymous coworkers