Roswell Festival Update

Stephen Swann swann at MINDVOX.COM
Tue Jul 16 22:39:31 EDT 1996

Guido Vacano writes:

> I hope the Roswell concert turns out well (though it doesn't look
> promising). It's a pity that promoters can't get past the MTV thing, and
> realize that there really are people who like original and challenging
> music, and are a bit underwhelmed by "artists" like Sheryl Crow.

Yeah, I think they know it well enough.  Most of them just don't care.
Why make $10,000 when you can make $100,000?  It's a business, and
unfortunately, we're merely what's known as a vocal minority.

But, oh hell, I can't get THAT cynical about it - I feel unbelievably
fortunate in some ways.  I never in my *wildest* dreams imagined that
practically every Hawkwind album worth noting would someday be
available on CD, and that the first several would be brilliantly
remastered.  Never.  It's like, that's the kind of thing that we used
to make jokes about when BOC-L first started.  We all laughed about
it.  Who thought it would happen?

Steve
swann at panix.com