E.B./Old Nick connection

Ted Jackson jr. TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Wed Jul 17 11:59:56 EDT 1996

> Theo queries:
>
> >I never heard the 'sharkskin' rap.  Is it in the FAQ?  If not, any
> details...?
>
> It's Bloom's story about selling his soul to become a big rock star that
> he did during Diz-Busters.  At least once (1975 show in Seattle, which
> some collectors have on the "Live in the West" tape), Eric referred to the
> man who brought him the contract (which he had to sign in blood) as "this
> dude in a sharkshin suit".
>
> Just in case any of you haven't heard the bit, basically Eric tells a story
> of how he was a struggling musician when he was approached by a dude who
> told him to just sign this contract (in blood) and he'd become a rock star.
> He does, and true to his word, Eric becomes a big rock star.  He then tells
> how he expects in 50 some-odd years (while living in the old rockers home,
> "in jet-powered wheelchairs ... doin' drag-races down the halls, and
> grabbin' all the nurses!") that the man will come back and say "You're
> time is up - I've come to take you away".  And then the song finishes...
>
> John
John,
Thanks for the info.  It now does seem vaguely familiar.  But it's
strange, as I've seen BOC at least a couple of dozen times, most all
of them during the band's heyday, and I can only remember their doing
'Diz' once or twice.  Same with 'Subhuman,' even though it's on
OYFOOYK, and I saw the tour as that album was just released, as well
as the ST tour.  Anyone else with similare stories?
theo