OFF: Re: Buffett slanderers...

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Wed Jul 17 16:50:07 EDT 1996

Mr. "It's all his own damn fault" Steve Swann sez...

> It seems that Jimmy Buffett is one of those artists that you either
> love or hate.  People either think he's the epitome of cool, or they
> want to shove that bottle of tequila and twist of lime right up
> his ass.

And which are you, Mr. Swann?

Actually, I'm kinda middle-of-the-road on him now. Never did consider
myself a parrothead or anything like that. He's gotten too damn popular
as of late, and seems to be playing to that crowd. I liked him better when
he was still opening for the Eagles...

He still writes a good tune now and then, but his glory days are behind
him...

> > Nice music for at the beach, on a boat, getting ripped, weathering a
> > hurricane...
> > "If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane"...JB
>
> My personal fave is "A Pirate Looks at 40".  And for novelty tunes,
> it's hard to beat "Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw?".  :-)

Agree on both counts! (Especially since I'm now the big four-oh! Well,
at least I'm not dead!)

      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Pyramid Technology Corporation, a Siemens Nixdorf Co.
  -----mmmmm--- 1100 Johnson Ferry Rd. Suite 400