OFF: Re: Roswell Festival Update

Lurking Girl tori at PANIX.COM
Wed Jul 17 11:32:21 EDT 1996

Chris Bates wrote:

> I think I'm now starting to understand the problems promoters have....
> I've heard Lenny Kravitz and I've heard OF Blues Traveller, might
> even have heard 'em but if so I can't remember!

You probably have.  "Runaround" was being played incessantly last fall.
(Lots of harmonica.)

> What is a Jimmy buffet? I know what a finger buffet is (vol au vents etc),
> and *jimmy* is sometimes slang for a piss ... so I'm almost afraid to put
> 2 and 2 together here :-)

Back, ye heathen!  Jimmy Buffett (2 "t"s, as any fan will politely
explain while excavating your spleen with a rusty spoon) writes, and
sings, music of...well, I'm not sure what the genre would be; Caribbean
beach bum rather sums it up.  The song everyone has heard is
"Margaritaville" but he has far better offerings, such as "Cheeseburger
in Paradise" and "The Weather Is Here, Wish You Were Beautiful".

.sig included for lyrical reference...

   Victoria C. Fike * tori at panix.com * http://www.panix.com/~tori
  Lurking Girl of the LNH * Imperatrix Ludorum * vf at panix.com, too
 "Commit a little mortal sin, it's good for the soul."  -J. Buffett
      Email spam will be returned with a gratis copy of vmunix