OFF: Re: Buffett slanderers...

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Wed Jul 17 11:58:25 EDT 1996

> > What is a Jimmy buffet? I know what a finger buffet is (vol au vents etc),
> > and *jimmy* is sometimes slang for a piss ... so I'm almost afraid to put
> > 2 and 2 together here :-)
>
> Back, ye heathen!  Jimmy Buffett (2 "t"s, as any fan will politely
> explain while excavating your spleen with a rusty spoon) writes, and
> sings, music of...well, I'm not sure what the genre would be; Caribbean
> beach bum rather sums it up.  The song everyone has heard is
> "Margaritaville" but he has far better offerings, such as "Cheeseburger
> in Paradise" and "The Weather Is Here, Wish You Were Beautiful".
>
> .sig included for lyrical reference...
>
>    Victoria C. Fike * tori at panix.com * http://www.panix.com/~tori
>   Lurking Girl of the LNH * Imperatrix Ludorum * vf at panix.com, too
>  "Commit a little mortal sin, it's good for the soul."  -J. Buffett
>       Email spam will be returned with a gratis copy of vmunix

Argghh! (pirate-like) We need ta' keel-haul th' scurvy dogs, me lady 'Toria!

JB is currently the purveyor of Caribbean beach bum music, but in his
(early '70's) country-rock days and his late '80's-early '90's efforts
are where you'll find the real gems. The last two albums have been a nice
return to form, but he can still write an embarrasing song or two ("Fruitcakes"
is oe of the all time worsts, and his efforts at "rap"...shudder).

Nice music for at the beach, on a boat, getting ripped, weathering a
hurricane...

"If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane"...JB

      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Pyramid Technology Corporation, a Siemens Nixdorf Co.
  -----mmmmm--- 1100 Johnson Ferry Rd. Suite 400
-------mmmmmmm- Atlanta, GA 30342  (404) 845-3404