OFF: Re: Buffett slanderers...

Stephen Swann swann at MINDVOX.COM
Wed Jul 17 12:42:13 EDT 1996

Craig Shipley writes:

> > > What is a Jimmy buffet? I know what a finger buffet is (vol au vents etc),

 [ Tori's reply ]

> >  "Commit a little mortal sin, it's good for the soul."  -J. Buffett
> >       Email spam will be returned with a gratis copy of vmunix
> >
> Argghh! (pirate-like) We need ta' keel-haul th' scurvy dogs, me lady 'Toria!
>
> JB is currently the purveyor of Caribbean beach bum music, but in his
> (early '70's) country-rock days and his late '80's-early '90's efforts
> are where you'll find the real gems. The last two albums have been a nice
> return to form, but he can still write an embarrasing song or two ("Fruitcakes"
> is oe of the all time worsts, and his efforts at "rap"...shudder).

It seems that Jimmy Buffett is one of those artists that you either
love or hate.  People either think he's the epitome of cool, or they
want to shove that bottle of tequila and twist of lime right up
his ass.

> Nice music for at the beach, on a boat, getting ripped, weathering a
> hurricane...
> "If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane"...JB

My personal fave is "A Pirate Looks at 40".  And for novelty tunes,
it's hard to beat "Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw?".  :-)

Steve
swann at panix.com