BOC: Reaper on *another* soundtrack

Andy Gilham AndyGilham at AOL.COM
Wed Jul 17 19:30:26 EDT 1996

In a message dated 17/07/96  22:49:36, you write:

>> Mutton Birds.  Riiiight.  Anyone heard of these noodles?  What kind of
>> travesty might we be in for, here...?
>
>I wonder if there's even the remotest connection with the last <cough>
>"famous" BOC cover band from the underside of the planet, Radio
>Birdman...?  Or are the names just a cosmically silly coincidence?

The MB's have been around a while.  Kiwi indie types, I believe.

I bet you anything you like Radio Birdman are more famous in Australia than
BOC.  They never toured the US, but in Oz, and to a lesser extent in Europe,
they are rightly legendary.  And they're about as much a "BOC cover band" as
BOC are an Animals cover band.

BTW, Radio Birdman's name come from a Stooges song, whereas a "mutton bird"
is the short-tailed Australasian shearwater.

- bad mood Andy