wasAD/VDGG:now YOUNG ONES!!

Christian Mumford mumford at EUNET.NO
Thu Jul 18 11:33:05 EDT 1996

Keith A Henderson wrote:

>(long informative piece deleted)

> > PS! Oh yeah, they just showed the episode of the Young Ones over here
> > where Neil indeed says "Why can't they play some Hawkwind or
> > Marillion?"...
>
> Yeah, I remember that one.  There was also the one where Motorhead performed,
> but my favourite episode is the one where Neil cuts off half his hair, and
> become a policeman.  During a drug bust, he's seen dragging a needle across a
> poor unsuspecting vinyl record, before annoucing, 'Oh wow, Steve Hillage.'  I
> thought that was cool.  (I think it was Electric Gypsises playing if I remember
> correctly.)

Yeah, they showed that one last week - hilarious. I hadn't seen
the show for at least 10 years (I'm 24) so it's a thrill to
appreciate alot of the subtle references and stuff  I didn't pick up on
in those days... Motorhead did "Ace of Spades" on
the episode where Vyv gets his head cut off when they are on a train
on the way to a game-show....

Christian