HW: was covers...now AD/VDGG

Andy Gilham AndyGilham at AOL.COM
Thu Jul 18 12:36:55 EDT 1996

Keith asked

> I've always
>assumed that 'Hawk' was Dave Anderson, and "Penguin" was John Weinzierl, but
>I'm just guessing.

I'm virtually certain this is the case.  Either that, or vice versa anyway :)
 For instance,
Julian Cope says in _Krautrocksampler_:  "In the early '80s. Dave Anderson
and John Weinzierl... formed a new Amon Duul with no number after it.
 Remember that this is an entirely different scene based in North Wales (!).
 The LPs released were _Hawk Meets Penguin_ [etc]", (although he doesn't
specifically mention _Die Losung_).

BTW, this gives me an opportunity to pug my now quite respectable Amon Duul
web page,

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Andy_Gilham/ad2.htm

- Andy