Roswell Festival Update

Stephen Swann swann at MINDVOX.COM
Thu Jul 18 12:34:49 EDT 1996

M Holmes writes:
> Glastonbury Festival tends to have quite a few big name stars and it's
> not widely known as one of the festival circuit's great failures.

Ok, ok, so I didn't clearly define my terms.  I don't mean that that
festival is going to be a failure, from a financial perspective.  What
I mean is that from a Hawkwind-centric viewpoint, it's not going to be
much use to them.  Getting shuffled onto stage B to be ignored while
everybody shakes their booty to Cheryl Crowe is not what Hawkwind
really needs at this stage of their career.  I mean, the crowd that
will be attracted by THAT kind of headlining act would probably mistake
Hawkwind for the festival's "alien freaks" exhibit.

Come to think of it, that Hawkwind / Monster Magnet tour we were
discussing a while back would probably do them more good in the
U.S. than a pop festival.  MM is pretty big stuff these days.  I bet a
lot of their fans don't know Hawkwind, but would like the Hawks a lot,
if they ever heard them.

Steve
swann at panix.com