HW: HW + MM

Stephen Swann swann at MINDVOX.COM
Thu Jul 18 15:22:00 EDT 1996

Andy Gilham writes:

> Carl said
>
> >        Oh the other hand, I'd settle for "Born to Go".  Dave W told us
> >last year they had rehersed it but not performed it live ...
>
> Whereas HW would play it live, but not rehearse it :)

The song that disappointed me on the last tour (aside from sticking
the ambient bit in the middle of Hassan I Sahba) was "Shouldn't Do
That".  It's simply NOT the same, minus Nik's saxophone.  And even
Dave, whose guitar work was otherwise wonderful, wasn't really doing
the BLANGA thing, which that song screams out for.

Steve
swann at panix.com