HW: HW + MM

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Jul 18 15:57:21 EDT 1996

> The song that disappointed me on the last tour (aside from sticking
> the ambient bit in the middle of Hassan I Sahba) was "Shouldn't Do
> That".  It's simply NOT the same, minus Nik's saxophone.  And even
> Dave, whose guitar work was otherwise wonderful, wasn't really doing
> the BLANGA thing, which that song screams out for.

        It was too short and too rushed.  There should be a law against
doing that song without the amazing wah-riff start-up on the live
version from the SR tour.  That's one of the great moments in music :)
I can barely pick up a guitar that has a wah pedal without instinctively
trying to play that opening :)

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                            *  "Ar det inte ett
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             *   fritt land?"
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    *
Dept. of ASNAC Studies, Cambridge U.            *   -- Pippi Langstrump