HW: HW + MM

Duane Hoyt aa5287 at FREENET.LORAIN.OBERLIN.EDU
Thu Jul 18 18:42:24 EDT 1996

>> The song that disappointed me on the last tour (aside from sticking
>> the ambient bit in the middle of Hassan I Sahba) was "Shouldn't Do
>> That".  It's simply NOT the same, minus Nik's saxophone.  And even
>> Dave, whose guitar work was otherwise wonderful, wasn't really doing
>> the BLANGA thing, which that song screams out for.

Are you referring to the part when Richard goes off on the drums for
a few minutes?  Actually I rather enjoy this version. It gives it more
of a Middle Eastern taste.

>        It was too short and too rushed.  There should be a law against
>doing that song without the amazing wah-riff start-up on the live
>version from the SR tour.  That's one of the great moments in music :)
>I can barely pick up a guitar that has a wah pedal without instinctively
>trying to play that opening :)
>
>Cheers,
>Carl

It was played much to fast and rushed in the last US tour also.
Having seen both HW and Nik the same year, and both doing YSDT, Nik's
was MUCH better.

Duane

OBPeeve: On LiS, the beginning of Assassin's is edited and it begins
at the Space is Their Palistine part and ends with the end of AoA.
Since the cd has plenty of room, why not include the entire song?