Roswell Festival Update

SKARSOL skarsol at EROLS.COM
Thu Jul 18 13:40:45 EDT 1996

Stephen Swann wrote:

> Come to think of it, that Hawkwind / Monster Magnet tour we were
> discussing a while back would probably do them more good in the
> U.S. than a pop festival.  MM is pretty big stuff these days.  I bet a
> lot of their fans don't know Hawkwind, but would like the Hawks a lot,
> if they ever heard them.

not sure if i agree with that. i think most mm fans are at least passingly familiar w/
hw,as dave W. has repeatedly expressed his being influenced by hw.as well as the fact
that the last tour i saw,they played a loop of space is deep as the intro to the show.
(the only real change from the previous tour. i think wyndorf was even wearing the same
ratty t shirt.)
> Steve
> swann at panix.com

i am one hundred and ten percent against this.if it happens, i'm out.i don't
care for mm as persons,and have seen the same live show seven times on four different
tours.i care even less for the crap that goes down at mm shows-ex. helpless girls
passing by the outskirts of the mosh pit or whatever,being dragged in against their will
and stripped and abused, fights, mall-rat league arseholes galore....etc.
not to mention mr. bighead's- i mean mr. wyndorf's f@@@ you attitude.
sorry, but i know that monster magnet is a sham as far as who they pretend to be,
unlike hw who have never stopped being just people.
  however, all this,and i still can't bring myself to part with my mm collection.
i have to admit the stuff is damn fine listening.
   apologies to mm fans everywhere,not for my opinions, but for subjecting you to them
w/out your asking.    just had to get this off'n mah chest.  rj