BOC: palm slashing

ROBOdewd at AOL.COM ROBOdewd at AOL.COM
Thu Jul 18 19:14:49 EDT 1996

<< And,
 even if you don't agree, and feel that musicians should speak out on these
laws, do
 you think the U.S. Government is going to pay alot of attention to rock
stars speaking
 out to support drug use?

in this day where moral values, family values etc etc are being stressed (eg
the anti-gay marriage law), I highly doubt any musician is going to be heard
by the Gov't...I'll be willing to bet that the majority of musicians haven't
the credentials to justify the legalization of drugs

legalization of marijuana could benefit other programs thru
taxation...marijuana could be sold to those over 21 in a pack of 20 just like
cigarettes and taxed to reduce the national debt and finance anti-drug
enforcement programs...but, how will this work when ya can't even smoke a
cigarette in a damn Denny's <a Denny's fer Chrissake!!!> anymore!

 Of course, perhaps my opinions are clouded by the fact that I'm not a
recreational
 drug user (not counting alchohol).

what exactly is a "recreational drug user"?  hell, when I smoked pot and did
all that shit I considered myself a drug user...these people try to make the
use of drugs sound less serious by saying "recreational", as if there are
certain exceptions or they need some reassurance that what they are doing is
ok...who defines the terms of who is recreational and who is a downright
junkie??  you and I can tell the difference between Ertyl Mackelschneid that
smokes pot once a month and Jimmy the Bed-Ridden Junkie that boots heroin on
the hour, every hour...but hey, they're both drug-users...Jimmy's just as
recreational as Ertyl, he just does it more often!  {and a miracle if he's
still alive!!!!}

ROBO