HW: info on Magic Muscle album dates ?

Keith A Henderson khenders at MAGNUS.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Fri Jul 19 19:23:33 EDT 1996

Chuck wants to know...

>        I just received in a trade taped copies of 3 Magic Muscle records,
>        dated from 1988 - 1991.  HW kollectors know that Simon House was an
>        occasional member of this group.  The titles are "Gulp", "The Pipe
>        the Roar the Grid", and "100 Miles Below" (I think that's right).
>
>        My question is, were these albums _really_ released in late 80s -
>        early nineties?

Well, I have '100 miles below', and I believe it *is* from 1990-91 or
thereabouts.  Apparently, they had a reunion of sorts.  The album is live by
the way, although it seems the tracks were new.  Rod Goodway (?), Simon House,
Adrian Shaw, and Twink make up most of the band I think.

Dunno about Gulp (it might be 'new' too), but I was under the impression that
'The Pipe, the Roar, the Grid' was a compilation of early 70's material.  I
ordered it once, I think, but never got it..out of stock or something.

>        I thought that "Laughs & Thrills" was from 1972 or
>        thereabouts.

Yeah, I've got this one as well....it is a collection of live tracks from at
least two gigs, probably at the Roundhouse...1972 I think is correct.

>        I'm wondering if my trader source put down the wrong
>        dates with the tracklist info...or perhaps these are the re-issue
>        dates on the CDs, rather than the original LP release dates.

In the case of TPTRTG, that may be correct.

>        Anybody with date confirmation on any of these albums, I would
>        appreciate it (public or private).  Any other notable history tied
>        to this band would be good too.

Don't really know much more off hand.  I think there's liner notes/history in
the Laughs & Thrills disc.  I'll try to remember to bring it in tomorrow and
post something.

>        Also, anybody wanna trade me a tape dub of "Laughs & Thrills" ?

OK, I'd be interested in the two you got....
(khenders at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu)

Keith H. (FAA)