OFF: UK Help Needed!

UNREGISTERED VERSION sihalley at VOSSNET.CO.UK
Tue Jul 23 04:32:00 EDT 1996

Reply to DFrost8547 about Re: OFF: UK Help Needed!
>Is Phil Alexander still the editor?
>Would still appreciate the address and info even if everyone thinx it's crap.
>How about Kerrang! ? Don't tell me that doesn't exist now! What is the world
>coming to? DF

Kerrang is still going strong. Every Wednesday. Still covers good stuff.
Not as good as it used to be though. They have organised the second stage line
up an Donnington this year too! Metal Hammer is also still going. Addresses(If
you need them) for these two are -

Kerrang
Emap Metro
Second Floor
Mappin House
4 Winsley Street
London
W1N 7AR

Phone 0171 436 1515    Fax 0171 312 8910

Editor is Phil Alexander  A good contact may be Xavier Russell. As I remember
he was alway pretty good to boc in the past as I remember(could be wrong) So
could be interested in BS.

Metal Hammer
19 Bolsover Street
London
W1P 7HJ

Phone 0171 631 1433    Fax 0171 917 7655

Editor is Robyn Doreian(0171 917 3846), Reviews editor is Dan Silver(0171 917
3843). This is an ok mag. Out monthly. Does cover BOC/BS type stuff.

This info is from the latest issues, hope it is useful.

Also, Someone said that Raw was an offshoot off Kerrang. As far as I know this
is not correct. I've been getting both magazines since issue 1(I know I'm
old).
Raw was created by Jonathon King as an alternative to Kerrang all though his
direct involvement only lasted a few issues. They may at one time have been
published by the same company but were not directly related. A lot of the
journalists seemed interchangable at times with people going from one mag to
another but they are independant. Also as stated before, IMHO Raw is now a
waste of trees.

Si

sihalley at vossnet.co.uk