OFF: UK Help Needed!

Richard Lockwood richard.lockwood at TPD.CO.UK
Tue Jul 23 09:45:51 EDT 1996

>Also, Someone said that Raw was an offshoot off Kerrang. As far as I know this
>is not correct. I've been getting both magazines since issue 1(I know I'm
>old).
>Raw was created by Jonathon King as an alternative to Kerrang all though his
>direct involvement only lasted a few issues. They may at one time have been
>published by the same company but were not directly related. A lot of the
>journalists seemed interchangable at times with people going from one mag to
>another but they are independant. Also as stated before, IMHO Raw is now a
>waste of trees.

Fair point.  I meant that they used to be published by EMAP - I went for an Advertising sales job over both magazines, and was merely describing the way that the mags were seen by EMAP.

(Incidentally, Metal Hammer is published by Dennis publishing, and at least at the time of its relaunch was staffed by a fair number of people who used to work for (the now defunct) Metal CD magazine)

Cheers,

Rich.

** varch **